January 14, 2015

Lunden Clothing


Lunden Clothing, founded and owned by Nick Lunden is one of those brands that is simply ahead of their time both graphically and aesthetically. With creative street wear designs and other unique distressed garments, Lunden clothing has distinguished themselves and has created a unique vibe. When the team spoke to Nick we were genuinely surprised that he was such a chill and cool kid and only a sophomore in high school at that. We really love what they do over at Lunden Clothing and proposed the possibility of doing an interview which Nick jumped at when I told him. Im really excited to see what this young and extraordinarily talented young man does in the future. 

Interview With Lunden Clothing: 

What got you interested in clothing?

I always wanted to be affiliated in the skateboarding industry, like when I was younger I use to wanna go pro but once I figured out that wasn't going to happen I started thinking ; I had always liked clothes and just designing period so I put it together and went from there.


We know Lunden is a unique brand but in your own words what sets Lunden apart from other
brands?
 
Like a lot if brands these days are straight followers - only making designs based on trends, stealing images, & over charging. Lunden isn't about that ; we make quality clothes at good prices and everything I design on my own or I'll get an idea from one of my bro's. I keep it family based you could say, Im doing this for my family & to inspire everybody, basically getting everyone to where they wanna be.


Explain your personal thought process when designing?  


I'll just be in class zoned out thinking & randomly something will hit me, it's weird. Anything can inspire me really, if it doesn't randomly "hit me" I'll make a design with a message, usually based on 3 things : corruption, inspiration, or skateboarding. I have never put a skateboard on a shirt but I connect things like skating in a lot of peoples minds is a way of getting out, just living free so that'll lead me to a design factor & I'll think from there.


Who are your influences and why?


Virgil Abloh - just straight genius, you know you have to be something when your Kanye West's creative director. Really he just came into the industry with something different & “made it, that's exactly what I'm trying to do.


Ian Connor - he did the same exact thing basically except hes younger & I can relate to him a whole lot more, he can do anything basically, just look at his twitter.


People - just anyone really like my bro @acreativerhp is a rapper and we constantly inspire each other just coming up with new ideas & sending them to each other, same with my other homie @tshortonthebeat, hes killing it check them both out.


Lastly I would like to thank you for this, supporting the new wave!


Connect With Lunden Clothing: Twitter

Connect With Nick: Twitter

Follow Us: Twitter

Written By: Greg Sullivan






No comments:

Post a Comment