November 6, 2014

Artist Spotlight - MFN MELO



For those of you who are not familiar with MFN MELO’s work he’s an up and coming rapper from Chicago. Being that he is such a unique artist and such an underrated talent, when he applied for the artist spotlight it was an instant yes. We had a short interview with MFN in order to give his fans, followers, and new listeners an inside look into the mind of MFN MELO.

MFN MELO’s Soundcloud Stream:


Our Exclusive Interview With MFN MELO:

What influences you as an artist?

I would have to say life. Art is all expressions, and living life brings about different expressions. I just display them musically. It’s all just certain vibes and moods that I turn into words.


What is pivot gang and how has is changed since its inception?


Pivot is a movement. A way of life that we just adapted and put the name to it Pivot, and it just so happens to be a gang of us. And I wouldn't say that much has changed other than awareness of it. So with that I guess it's grown since the start. We feel that anybody that embodies the pivotal ways is apart of pivot in they own way.  We seen the response to our energy and it only     makes us want to pivot harder.

What was the defining moment that made you want to rap?


Seeing the response to my music. Whether it's from me playing music for people or performing. But just seeing somebody enjoying me rapping just as much, if not more than I'm enjoying it. Positive energy is amazing!


Craziest moment during your career so far? 


It was at a show Pivot did a couple of months ago.
 Like midway during our set, a couple of people got into an altercation, and I knew one of the guys. So it got really heated, and a punch was thrown, and I just jumped off stage to stop it. Didn't want it to escalate further so I took the guy I knew outside and ran back in right in time for my verse. Savage life. (lmao)

What can we expect from you in the future?


More pivotal awesomeness (lbs) I'm just starting to really tap into my artistry. For the longest, I just been an ole rapping ass nigga. But I've learned some things over the time of my pivoting. So I'ma learn more and be able to expand creatively. Progression is the key. Just trying to get my feng shui in order musically.



Unfortunately MFN has not shot his own music video, however here is a look into the whole Pivot Gang vibe and artists. 


Connect With MFN MELO: Twitter

Follow Us: Twitter

Written By: Greg Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment